Vijay has the most balanced reaction to PM Modi’s demonetisation move

“It is indeed a very good step to improve India’s economy, but the government should have foreseen the repercussions of the demonetization and should have taken proactive steps to protect the interests of people who make a living relying on daily wages as they are the ones suffering a lot,” he told the media. However, Ilayathalapathy Vijay gave a balanced response to demonetisation, which has shaken up India’s financial system. “80 percent of country’s people are suffering because of the mistakes made by the rest of the 20 percent,” he humbly expressed his opinion with a great effort not to ruffle any feathers. The government’s action to check the menace of black money and counterfeit money has mostly drawn positive reactions from the celebrities. He also recounted some of the struggles of common people that he came to know through the media
Kollywood titans Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and younger superstars such as Suriya and Dhanush among others have expressed their support and appreciation of Modi government’s decision. He said that while such big decisions are bound to temporarily cause inconvenience to the common public, the problems should not outweigh the benefits of government’s policy. Written by Manoj Kumar R
| Bengaluru |

Published:November 15, 2016 3:53 pm

Ilayathalapathy Vijay reacts to Modi’s demonetisation move
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s move to ban Rs 500 and Rs 100 notes has received a mixed response from different quarters of the society.