Elton John recovering after being hospitalised for ‘harmful and unusual’ infection

(With IANS inputs)
For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App now
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd John took to Instagram where he posted a video where he and his kids can be seen gathered around a chocolate cake. Legendary singer Elton John, who was hospitalised for a bacterial infection, is now comfortably resting at home. He will be back on the stage for his upcoming performance on June 3 in Twickenham, England. “After spending two nights in intensive care following by an extended stay in hospital, Elton was released from hospital on Saturday (April 22) and is now comfortably resting at home,” the statement said.  The veteran musician had earlier celebrated his big day with partner David Furnish and sons Elijah and Zachary. 2017-04-25T14:51:02+00:00″>
Published:April 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Elton John will be back on the stage for his upcoming performance on June 3 in Twickenham, England. John broke his silence on his health: “I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them. According to a statement from his representative, the musician contracted a “harmful and unusual” infection in the wake of his trip and tour in South America, reports eonline.com. @eltonjohn #HappyBirthdayElton,” John captioned the clip. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well.”
Also read | Elton John to score The Devil Wears Prada musical
Elton John celebrated his 70th birthday in March in the presence of several Hollywood biggies such as Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Stevie Wonder and Neil Patrick Harris. He was forced to cancel his entire upcoming schedule for April and May performances at The Colosseum at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas due to his health. “A huge thank-you to all my Facebook friends for the fabulous birthday card signed by all of you! John is expected to make a full and complete recovery. During his flight home, he became “violently ill” and was admitted to a hospital in London.